RSS

1st SAB Card

Woo Hoo I got some SAB sets to play with! This is a classic case of having one design in mind and then the card taking on a life of it's own! I started out by Cutting a scalloped square with my Cuttlebug die and stamping that with the pig from Very Punny. I had 2 scalloped squares layered and it looked really cute. Well I started making the base for that card and that's when it decided to morph into this card LOL.


I saw this flower in a recent issue of CK (I think) and I just knew I HAD to try it out on a card. It's such a cool looking embellishment.

Basically you take a Prima flower and push a brad through the hole. Then you take some hemp fiber and attach the end with a dab of glue, and then wrap it in and out between the brads tabs to make the petals. I added another Prima on the back and then opened the tabs of the brad to secure it, but I'm sure if you are careful you can do that through your paper. I then just glued it down to the card.

The ribbon is threaded through a slit created by using the horizontal slit punch in the fold of the card.

This is so far from my normal style, but that's the wonderful thing about stamping. It pushes your creativity and allows you to step outside your comfort zone on small projects until it becomes part of your repertoire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card! TFS!

Anne said...

That flower is so cute! Thanks for showing how to make one.

Tammy B said...

i love the colors. i love the style. great card!

Gail Binette said...

Oh, I just saw some great kraft patterned paper at the local Scrap store that this little charmer would sure to embellish just great. Guess Imissed that of the magazine. Thanks for posting your design.

Allison Rankin said...

I love the use of kraft paper here...you don't see it very often so it is a welcome change!

Sherri R said...

I love this card! Now I have to have this set too! :) Great job, Sherri

blah said...

This is so adorable! I will definitely have to CASE this idea. Thanks for showing us how you did it.

By the way, I just tagged you so hopefully you'll still be checking your blog out. You can get the list of questions at my blog.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card. I love the flower! TFS
Monika/buzsy

Welcome to my new an improved blog. I hope you can find something useful, insightful, humorous or just plain silly here. Enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Inky Dinky Doo All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes