RSS

My word for 2011

Explore

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

Wiktionary definitions: To examine or investigate something systematically. To (seek) experience first hand. To travel somewhere in search of discovery.

To examine or investigate something systematically - well that includes me. I do plan on examining myself more closely this year. What things do I like about myself, what things might I change. I'm not talking about things like weight (although I know I could lose a few *cough* pounds). I mean deep things about who I am, what kind of person I am, what kind of mother, what kind of friend.

To (seek) experience first hand - I want to experience everything I can. I want to learn as much as I can. This year will hold many huge changes for me and I will make the best of them.

To travel somewhere in search of discovery - There is SO much to do in this world, but I want to start right here at home. I want to discover new places right here in my own backyard that I might have forgotten about or never even heard of before, or even those places we pass by everyday saying "I should stop in there someday." This year I will actually stop in! I will take K to new places and we will explore them together.
Welcome to my new an improved blog. I hope you can find something useful, insightful, humorous or just plain silly here. Enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Inky Dinky Doo All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes